Feb 25th 2018: Fluffy's GameBlast18 Get Together for SpecialEffect

Elite Encounters appearances and sessions at conventions or other events.

Feb 25th 2018: Fluffy's GameBlast18 Get Together for SpecialEffect

Post by Bifford » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm

I shall be running two games of Elite Encounters at this on Sunday. (2 tables of 4 players each) Come and have some fun! :)

Sam / Bifford

Sunday at 13:00–18:00
Smokey Joe's Coffee Bar & Prop Hire
16 Bennington Street, GL50 4ED Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

(Taken from Fluffy's Facebook Event page)
Over the weekend of February 23rd–25th, I will be raising money for SpecialEffect as part of their GameBlast18 fundraising weekend. This will culminate in my head being shaved on Sunday 25th and I thought it would be nice to hold a get together of Elite CMDRs, space game and sci-fi enthusiasts, and those who just want to witness me losing my luscious long locks.

Tickets are available at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fluffys- ... 1491732890

The event is scheduled to take place from 13:00–18:00. This basically means we will have the rear of the cafe to ourselves until the close. The venue itself will be open to the general public from 11:00 and you are more than welcome to come along whilst everything is being set-up. If we have sufficient ticket sales then we can run the event until later in the evening.

All proceeds from this event will go to SpecialEffect. SpecialEffect is a charity that helps severely disabled children and adults communicate and play videogames. Further information on the charity's work can be found here.

As with such a get-together, the agenda is somewhat 'fluid'. However, I can confirm that in addition to my head being shaved the event will also have:

* A Raffle (it wouldn't be an Elite:Dangerous event without one!)
* An Elite:Dangerous set-up with Oculus Rift and Thrustmaster T-16000
* Coin-op retro arcade machines including Galaxian, Centipede, and Joust
* Board games (including the wonderful CubeQuest)
* The Cheltenham Drabble Challenge: "At The Races" [TBC]
* Elite themed RPGs [TBC]
* Local multiplayer gaming (including GangBeasts, Ultimate Chickenhorse, Quiplash, etc) [TBC]

You are more than welcome to bring any gaming equipment, board games, table-top games, RPGs, poetry, drabbles ... whatever you fancy. Donations of prizes for the raffle would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to drop me a line if you would like any further information.

If you are unable to attend but would like to support this fundraising endeavour, then please feel to donate via my JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fluffybunesq