Arpid 23rd 2104 Update

Reports from Selezen about progress in the project. Questions and comments welcome.
Out2lunch

Arpid 23rd 2104 Update

Post by Out2lunch » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the updates etc through the project, you have had a rough time of it, and im sorry for you and the family to be laid low by said troubles.

It sounds like you are coming on by leaps and bounds, I cant wait to read the rules, I know im not an alpha backer but if you want someone to read then and give you feedback im happy to do so.

Im not worried by the release date, let it be ready when its ready and your happy with it, is what I say. I do a lot of role-playing and always thought this was a very ambitious project from the beginning. So congrats with where you have got to and to the future and beyond.

Have you sent out the dice yet? As I haven't received mine. But then you diddnt have the display case at Lavecon, but im not too worried about the canister for them really. If you haven't sent them out yet I have moved home so let me know and I will give you my new address.

Im hoping to get to Lavecon this year we shall see what the wife has to say now that we have 2 kids running about, well 1 running and one almost crawling.

Anyhoo, keep up the great work.

Rufus

Selezen
Site Admin

Re: Arpid 23rd 2104 Update

Post by Selezen » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 am

Hey, Rufus! How you doing?

Thanks for the support. I know how you feel about the children situation. One of the things that is taking some much needed time away from the project is that I now have two grandchildren. Since we're a close family then we all spend a lot of time with each other and grandkids makes it that much more time-consuming.

If I'm being honest, my first grandson Alfie was one of the main people who kept me going through the Dark Times between July and November. If I was feeling down or panicky I'd just turn up at his mum's door and suddenly it was all just that much better. Kids are awesome. It doesn't matter how bad things are they brighten up the world. Until they hit 2 then they become little nightmares. ;-)

I did have a thought that this was an ambitious project, but I did think I'd get to the first draft completion phase by the start of the year. Going by the progress so far I think I would have done if not for the time out. I've heard of established RPG companies taking over two years to get to the stage I'm at now, even with a team of people, so I think I'm doing OK. Not brilliant, but OK.

As I said at the top of the update, dice postage is on hold until I get the first draft done and submitted. The confusion at LaveCon was due to the fact that I had printed off the label for your dice package but hadn't put the dice in a box yet. They are here, in the box that sits about a meter and a half to my left. I hope that's OK.

I hope to see you again at LaveCon 2014. Do your best to make it, for I will be running THE GAME there. Which reminds me, I need to get back to Allen about the itinerary...